glibc build problem continued...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 12 10:17:32 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:52:11PM +0000, Mark Binns wrote:
> checking whether we are using GNU C... no
> configure: error: GNU libc must be compiled using GNU CC
> I have no name!:/usr/src/glibc-build#
>
> It seems to be the same thing again (the cpp0 not being found by cc). I've

Also check if $LFS/usr/bin/egrep is statically linked. See
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN159

I know you said it complained about cpp0 not found, but it may be related
if egrep didn't run, the rest of the test just got confused.

To see if gcc can find it's files, try this:

touch test.c
gcc -v test.c

You'll see some output, opening some file like a 'spec' file, trying to run
'cpp0' and more of that. Check where gcc is trying to find the files, then
check if the files actually exist when you're inside chroot.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org