config.sub: missing argument

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 12 10:10:34 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 06:10:46PM +1100, doc wrote:
> The output of config.guess was:
> i686-pc-linux-gnu
> I have cleared CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS as per your instructions. I was only
> using them as a last resort.
>
> I may have done something wrong in chapter five, but will i have to do it
> all over again to find out what?

I was thinking that it might be a not working 'uname' program from the
sh-utils package, but because config.guess works it means uname works too.

Just to be sure, $LFS/proc is mounted right? It'll have to be, config.guess
would have failed I think.

Is there a config.cache file and config.log file created in the glibc-build
directory? There might not be one since it's so early in the configure
stage, but check anyways. If you have the file(s), send them this way
please.

I'm betting on a nont-statically linked program which may cause the
problems. You can check for it by running something like the following:

for file in /mnt/lfs/bin/* /mnt/lfs/usr/bin/*
do
	file $file | grep dynamically
done

If a dynamically linked file is detected, say /bin/ls for instance, you
would see a line like the following:

/bin/ls: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

If you find anything dynamically linked, reinstall the package that it came
from. And let us know please so we'll know for next time (and it'll be in
the online archives for the next person with the same problem to find)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org