Chapter 6 chroot problem

David thunderbolt01 at netscape.net
Tue Mar 12 09:33:14 PST 2002

Hi All,

I go through the install and things seem to go fine until I get to
Chapter 6 and try to chroot into /lfs. After entering the command for
chroot:

cd $LFS &&
chroot $LFS /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root \
    TERM=$TERM /bin/bash --login

I get this message:

       "/root/.bash_profile: file is to large"

Also get the prompt:

       bash-2.05a

Instead of the:   I have no name

Anyone have an idea as to where I went wrong. Everything compiled
without any problem and was compiled by the "lfs" user not as root.

Please reply to:  thunderbolt01 (at) netscape.net

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org