localtime / warning during kernelcompilation

Aulis Telle a.telle at gmx.net
Tue Mar 12 08:23:14 PST 2002

Hello,

I just installed LFS following the instructions in the LFS-Book version 3.2.

As I reached the point to configure localtime, I had a problem. When I run
tzselect, I get the following errormessage:

/usr/bin/tzselect: /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin: no such file or
directory
/usr/bin/tzselect: time zone files are not set up correctly

In the directory /usr/share/zoneinfo/ are only two files (iso3166.tab and
zone.tab). During the installation process i haven't noticed any
errormessages, that could explain the missing files.

Another problem I have is, that when I compile the kernel i get the
following warning messages:

[...]
make -C isdn
make[2]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn'
make -C hisax
md5sum: WARNING: 13 of 13 computed checksums did NOT match
make[3]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/hisax'
make all_targets
md5sum: WARNING: 13 of 13 computed checksums did NOT match
make[4]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux/drivers/isdn/hisax'
[...]

What does that mean??

I don't kown, whether that is related with that, but when booting, i get the
error message (right after setting the hwclock)

modprobe: modprobe: can't locate module char-major-10-135

does anybody know which module is meant, and what I can do to solve the
problem?

The last thing is, that in the bash-shell I can not use the Del key to
delete charcters. I always have to use Ctrl-d. On my SuSE-Linux system that
is no problem. How can I configure bash to recognize the del-key properly?

I hope, there is someone how can help me with my problems.

Thanks

Aulis Telle

Aulis Telle
E-Mail: a.telle at gmx.net