networkmodule 8139too won't be loaded at startup

Daniel Mohr dampire at gmx.de
Tue Mar 12 06:21:02 PST 2002

Hello
Today i finished building my LFS-system.
But when i start it, i get the following error:

Bringing up the eth0 interface... SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
eth0: unknown interface: No such device

I found out, that this error is produced by the script
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network
The reason is, that my NIC-module (8139too) won't be loaded at startup
(when i load it manually with modprobe 8139too and then run
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network, it works fine)
And now my question: Why won't be loaded my module 8139too? How can i
fix this?

thx for any help and please add my email-adr in the CC, when you answer
my, because
i havent't subscribed to this mailinglist)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org