stuck on chroot

Lewi ichtus at mbone.petra.ac.id
Tue Mar 12 07:22:08 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:50:31AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 07:22:23PM -0500, Lewi wrote:
> > I'm new to lfs, when I went to chroot section, the result seems not correct on like the lfs manual wrote
> >
> > I'm using redhat 7.1, I read lfs manual version 3.2-RC1
> > on my lfs partition when I enter chroot command as root,
> > then when I
> > cd /
> > doesn't changes to lfs partitions
>
> What do you see after you run the chroot command?
>
> The command in the book uses the $LFS variable. Make sure that when you
> switch from user 'lfs' to user 'root' that $LFS is still set. If not,
> you're probably chrooting to your host distro which doens't do much for
> you.

on the book says to:
cd $LFS &&
chroot $LFS bla....bla

what confusing me that on what user should I tun this command,
when I entering as root on my red hat system, this command doesn't meant anything(I know that
by try to enter cd then my home dir still /root at the top of my filesystem)

I build lfs on /lfs, / is root of my red hat system.