config.sub: missing argument

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 11 21:59:00 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 03:21:12PM +1100, doc wrote:
> When trying to build glibc after chroot'ing to new LFS environment, I get
> this error:
> Checking host system type... config.sub: missing argument

Before we go on, be 100% that there are no variables set like CFLAGS or
CXXFLAGS. Next, don't pass any options to configure like --host=something -
this'll just make it harder to debug.

Now, remove the glibc-build directory so we're also 100% there is no old
configuration lying around and re-create glibc-build and cd into it.

Now run this:
	../glibc-2.2.5/scripts/config.guess

What is the output?

--