config.sub: missing argument

doc doc256 at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 10 20:21:12 PST 2002

When trying to build glibc after chroot'ing to new LFS environment, I get
this error:
Checking host system type... config.sub: missing argument

*** The GNU C libary is currently not available for this platform.

And then tells me that it has not been ported yet. I know now that it does
support my CPU, a Duron 600, but only when I specify it to be an Intel chip.
I've read the optimization hint, and the install readme for glibc, and tried
to set both the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS varables to "-mcpu=i686", and
specified --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu in the configure commands, but that
doesn't make a difference. I am using LFS book and pack version 3.2 rc2 and
my host system is Turbolinux 6.1.

I realize that I have posted with this problem before, but I was not
subscribed then, and got no replies (sorry...), so now I am subscribed, and
would love a hint as to what I should do.

Thankyou for your time.
doc256 at bigpond.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org