Best recomended host distro?

Sanctus Evanidus evanidus at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 11 18:29:11 PST 2002

"Tyrin R. Price" <tyrin at tscnet.com> wrote:

> Quoting Richard Jenniss <RichardJenniss at TelusPlanet.net>:
>
> > There wouldn't happen to be a distro where you can install off of one
> > floppy
> > and obtain the rest of the packages over a network by FTP, HTTP......
> > A couple extra floppies is ok.
>
> Debian should be able to do that.  I've never tried it, though.

Redhat is suposed to be able to do it too, just need to download the right
bootdisk image. (only need one I think)

But me if I'd want to quickly install a host distro to install LFS, I'd
just download slackware 8 but only the a1, ap1 and d1 directory, a bootdisk
and ramdisk image. Don't need to download everything heh ;p

-Evan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org