Glibc

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 14:40:51 PST 2002

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 09:51:43PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>> RAM, about 66Mb swap, with a slow disk, and running 2.4.17-jl15-ll (ide
>
> May I suggets you using a plain kernel rather than a patched up one like
> that. Just in case those patches are causing some weird problem, you never
> know...

Have checked Ken's log and it does not correspond to my glibc build

from Ken

make -C manual subdir_install
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.5/manual'
LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C makeinfo libc.texinfo
./libc.texinfo:106 Next reference to nonexistent node `Introduction'.

>From mine, this is the build making the info stuff

make  -C manual subdir_install
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.5/manual'
mawk -f summary.awk intro.texi creature.texi errno.

>From mine.  This is the install

.texi maint.texi contrib.texi freemanuals.texi'
LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C makeinfo libc.texinfo
../scripts/mkinstalldirs /usr/info
for file in libc.info*; do \

OK.  Ken, is mawk,awk install static in your LFS.  Have you interupted the
build to edit things, then restarted.

What happens when you do the whole job with clean source and build
directories?

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org