Don! Thanks for the Interaction.

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmlx1.wlmcs.com
Mon Mar 11 13:47:48 PST 2002

Don,

Your commnets about swap caused me to say hmmm...

You saw that I started a run on my itsy-bitsy. Well,
glibc finished in about 1/4 - 1/3 the time it had been
taking. How much is due to the speed of the drive and
how much do to the increased swap size, I can't say.
I bet the majority is just swap size. Anyway, I wanted
to say thanks for the comments.

All of a sudden, that ol' 166MHz doesn't seem so slow.
Maybe I don't need that dual Athlon I've been scheming for.

Nah - it's definitely mandatory.

Bill

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org