Glibc-2.2.5 compile error in chapter 6 of LFS 3.2

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmlx1.wlmcs.com
Mon Mar 11 13:10:54 PST 2002

Folks,

When Don mentioned swap, I started an install on my little RH 6.0
with 32MB of RAM. I augmented its swap (formerly 64MB) and started
top while it was doing internationalization stuff.While in the MK*
series of files, ld.so is showing SIZE 40480 and swap use at 41.9MB.

These figures are continuing to grow. So, I thought it would be good
to advise that if you had a puny config like I did on the machine,
increase your swap.

For Gerard, this may be a useful interrogatory when people report
failures on gcc, glibc, ncurses, etc.

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org