login prompt

Ira Mendell ibm at bestweb.net
Mon Mar 11 10:50:13 PST 2002

When I login and type hostname I get (none)
  I've been able to see the following items during the scrolling of the start
up;
      /etc.rc.d/rcsysinitid/S88 localnet:LINUX: command not found
     setting hostname to none
    /etc.rc.d/rc3.d/S2/network:LINUX command not found
    grep: /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.*:no such file or directory

then it shows:
(none)login:

after I login if I type hostname I get (none)
if I type hostname <abcd>  it uses this as the hostname but loses it after
reboot.

                                       Thanks
                                            Ira