stuck on chroot

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 11 08:50:31 PST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 07:22:23PM -0500, Lewi wrote:
> I'm new to lfs, when I went to chroot section, the result seems not correct on like the lfs manual wrote
>
> I'm using redhat 7.1, I read lfs manual version 3.2-RC1
> on my lfs partition when I enter chroot command as root,
> then when I
> cd /
> doesn't changes to lfs partitions

What do you see after you run the chroot command?

The command in the book uses the $LFS variable. Make sure that when you
switch from user 'lfs' to user 'root' that $LFS is still set. If not,
you're probably chrooting to your host distro which doens't do much for
you.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org