Problem at startup

Daniel Ammon ammon at addcom.de
Mon Mar 11 08:01:10 PST 2002

Hi!

I´m trying to install LFS 3.0 with a Mandrake 8.0 as host. With nALFS
everything seemed to work fine. But:
At Startup, lfs begins to boot, shows me blah,blah,blah...
but then I got a kernel panic.
Here are the last 6 lines:
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for linux NET4.0
ds: no socket drivers loaded
request_module[lock-major-8]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: Cannot open root device "807" or 08:07
Please append a correct "roots= " boot option
Kernel panich: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:07

I´m sure I mentioned the right dev in my fstab and in lilo.conf.
I found some similar problems on the mailing list, but rebuilding the
kernel didn´t help.

Thx for any help.

bye

Daniel