login prompt

Ira Mendell ibm at bestweb.net
Mon Mar 11 05:23:56 PST 2002

Hello,
   When I first boot lfs it says        (none) login:
   As an experiment I copied from my Redhat 7.2 dist the
'/.bash_profile', '/.bashrc'  and etc/bashrc and etc/hosts
  Now after I login as root I get the following:
[(root)@(none) root]#
   Where it says ' none ' its supposed to have the host name but it
doesn't show. Any thoughts. It works fine on the Redhat dist.

 I tried to add a non root user which worked but it didn't create a home
directory for the user. I know I can manually create one but I thought
this is done by the system.
 Also is there a way to slow the listing when lfs is booting up I think
I see references to missing  file maybe I missed some configuration
steps originally.
                  Thank you
                             Ira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org