Best recomended host distro?

Sanctus Evanidus evanidus at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 11 00:43:07 PST 2002

Tush <tush at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >>If you use Slackware 8, remember that the "base" (a1) series doesn't
> >>
> >include diffutils.
> >
> I would suggest installing packages in A (Base) and D (Development).
> That should be enough for LFS.

Just to be clearer.. by A and D pkgs I believe you meant it should include a1,
ap1 and d1 packages

ap1 (does not need to be fully installed) is needed for diffutils, texinfo and
groff (texinfo and groff arn't really required on host distro but some
scripts "may" complain (not sure) if not present) Also, ap1 include vim if you
want it.

-Evan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org