glibc-2.2.5 install problems (lfs-3.2)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Mar 10 04:26:26 PST 2002

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 10:21:41PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > ./libc.texinfo:106 Next reference to nonexistent node `Introduction'.
> > ./libc.texinfo:116 Prev reference to nonexistent node `Contributors'.
>
> I remember seeing these errors before, although I can't seem to remember
> the fix right now. Did you download glibc-2.2.5 completely, or did you
> download a patch to upgrade an older glibc release to 2.2.5? The patches
> from GNU don't work for an LFS installation (at least not out-of-the-box)
> which could be a possible explanation for your problem.

I'm *fairly* sure I downloaded it from LFS, because it's already a .bz2
archive, and I usually get a lot of pain remembering the patch options to
apply the gnu patches. I'll try downloading a fresh tar from gnu this
afternoon, unless my main box overheats again ;)

> > I had a bit of trouble with the search engine on LFS (sometimes I got
> > empty pages after the first page of results, and it looked as if it was
>
> Do you remember what you entered as a search query? I'd like to investigate
> that.

I'll try to recreate this, and reply off-list. Cheers.

Ken

--
pppg_penguin.linux.bogus 2.4.17-jl15-ll 2011.95 BogoMIPS

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org