log su attempts to /var/log/sulog

elko elko at home.nl
Sun Mar 10 03:51:28 PST 2002

I've got a problem configuring /etc/login.defs to log
all su attempts to /var/log/sulog.

Here is the (I think) relevant part of login.defs:
--[SNIP]--
FAILLOG_ENAB            yes
LOG_UNKFAIL_ENAB        yes
LOG_OK_LOGINS           yes
LASTLOG_ENAB            yes
SYSLOG_SU_ENAB          yes
SYSLOG_SG_ENAB          yes
CONSOLE         /etc/securetty
SULOG_FILE      /var/log/sulog
SU_NAME         su
--[SNIP]--

After editing login.defs, I touched /var/log/sulog
and /var/log/faillog, but nothing gets logged in the sulog-file.
Against my religion, I even rebooted the machine, but still no cigar..

Is this a bug in shadow-20001016, or did I forget something ??

	Elko
--
ElkOS: 12:50pm up 12 days, 14:13, 1 user, load average: 2.16, 2.14, 2.15
bofhX: Bit rot

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org