It Works

Ira Mendell ibm at bestweb.net
Sat Mar 9 19:42:19 PST 2002

Well I couldn't believe it.  It actually worked!  Once I figured out how
to edit Grub properly the lfs system booted.
  Thanks to all who gave advice and to Mr. Beekmans.  Now to have some
fun poking around and learning more.
   One interesting note my son who has a virtually identical system to
mine, Redhat 7.2 with a 466 celeron cant get the system to work. Got to
work on his system next.
  One thing I see is that in Redhat when you log in it says sometheing
like "root at localhost:' path'#" while in lfs it ony says "root~#"
        Have I forgoten something?
             Ira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org