glibc-2.2.5 install problems (lfs-3.2)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 9 16:11:46 PST 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 10:21:41PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> ./libc.texinfo:106 Next reference to nonexistent node `Introduction'.
> ./libc.texinfo:116 Prev reference to nonexistent node `Contributors'.

I remember seeing these errors before, although I can't seem to remember
the fix right now. Did you download glibc-2.2.5 completely, or did you
download a patch to upgrade an older glibc release to 2.2.5? The patches
from GNU don't work for an LFS installation (at least not out-of-the-box)
which could be a possible explanation for your problem.

> I had a bit of trouble with the search engine on LFS (sometimes I got
> empty pages after the first page of results, and it looked as if it was

Do you remember what you entered as a search query? I'd like to investigate
that.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org