error while building fileutils4-1

Sandeep Mann ssm11b at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 11:50:56 PST 2002

hi:

I was in the process of building the fileutils4-1 package the configure failed. Here is the output:

checking for gawk... gawk
checking for perl5.003 or newer... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for style of include used by make... include
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for AIX... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for unsigned long long... yes
checking for grp.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for utmp.h... yes
checking for utmpx.h... yes
checking for 8-bit clean memcmp... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library... yes
checking for version 2 of the GNU C Library... yes
checking whether utime accepts a null argument... yes
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
./configure: line 2029: syntax error near unexpected token `AH_VERBATIM(_GNU_SOURCE,'
./configure: line 2029: `  AH_VERBATIM(_GNU_SOURCE, #ifndef _GNU_SOURCE'

I am following the LFS-BOOK-2002-1-15 and the host platform that I am building on is RedHat 7.1

Does anyone know how I can fix this error?

thank you,

Sunny