partitioning & 1024 cylinder limit

dennis w32 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 9 10:52:28 PST 2002

Thanks, I've successfully upgraded lilo. One further question:

Can I move SuSE's /boot out of its own primary partition  (/dev/sda2)
now that it no longer needs one, and into /dev/sda4 where SuSE's /
resides? I would prefer to put lfs into a primary partition rather than
a logical partition, but this is impossible (?) while SuSE's /boot is
there.

For completeness, my partitions are
/dev/sda1 = Win98SE
/dev/sda2 = /boot, (SuSE6.4)
/dev/sda3 = extended partition, (linux swap & FAT32 part'ns)
/dev/sda4 = /, (SuSE6.4)

-Dennis.

<snip>