gcc compile problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 9 10:13:07 PST 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 07:01:28PM +0100, Tim Eberhardt wrote:
> That's exactly the command I used. When I compiled this package the first
> time the output was the same.

Try the installation again: remove gcc-2.95.3 and gcc-build directories
first, then redo the installation and copy&paste the installation
instructions from the book. This way we can rule out a simple case of you
having made a typo somewhere that may cause this problem. During your next
build, save the ./configure output so we can have a look at it when your
build fails again. There may be some clues in it.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org