gcc compile problem

Tim Eberhardt webmaster at metal-lives.de
Sat Mar 9 09:20:48 PST 2002

Hi!

I have problems to compile the gcc-2.95.3 package.
I alway get the following compiler error:

c-iterate.o  obstack.o        ../libiberty/libiberty.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cc1] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/lfs/usr/src/lfs_source/gcc-build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lfs/usr/src/lfs_source/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I've piped the whole output to an error log. I will put the log on:
http://www.metallives.de/gcc-err.log
I used the commands as described in the current LFS book. I'm building on a
RH7.2 system with kernel 2.4.9 and glibc-2.2.4 (if that is important).
Can anyone help me please???

--
Bye Tim
(Sorry for bad english)