Color in chroot'ed environment

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 9 08:55:19 PST 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 05:36:30PM +0100, J?rgeb Lysgaard wrote:
> Is it pussible to get colors in Gnome terminal,when I enter the
> chroot'ed environment from X Windows ?
> I use RedHat 7.2, testing LFS 3.2-RC1 (updated to 3.2) as a router/firewall

You mean things like coloured ls output? Try runing "ls -a --color=auto'
instead of just 'ls' (or run: alias ls='ls -a --color=auto'). As for
colours in for example ncurses based apps you need to wait until you have
installed the ncurses package in chapter 6.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org