Glibc-2.2.5 error in chapter 6 of LFS 3.2 rc2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 9 08:52:29 PST 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 02:45:15PM +0100, Arthur Fonzarelli wrote:
> the problem miraculously disappeared. I did make again the otther day and it
> went on without error. However as I looked in the logfile I saw many errors
> not being to find a header file. The configure does run without errors on
> the screen however. Afterwards I can run a make and make install without
> errors. I went on and now in chapter 6. Still see errors like these in the
> config.log though. Also after having re-installed linux (with headers) and
> make.
> Is this normal?

Not all headers have to be found for a package to compile properly.
That's why configure checks for them, to see which headers you do have,
then use them (glibc can be built on my other systems other than Linux and
all systems have different setups with different header files)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org