TCP/IP over FireWire/IEE1394

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Fri Mar 8 16:23:50 PST 2002

I know it is possible (and implemented with no additional software
needed) in most Windows versions to use TCP/IP over a FireWire
(IEE1394) connection to other computers. This enambles the possibility
to run a 400Mbit LAN with low cost.

My question is how do I connect to a FireWire LAN with a Linux box?
Does anyone have any ideas? I am running kernel 2.4.19-2, and it has
support/drivers for the installed IEE1394 PCI controller.

//Anders

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org