Grub instead of LILO

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 8 10:58:13 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 01:47:21PM -0500, Ira Mendell wrote:
> Thank you for the advice.  You know this is the 3rd attempt at this.  I
> started with 3.1 then 3.2rc1. Kept getting errors.   Now I'm trying 3.2rc2.
> So far everything is installing fine as far as I can tell.  No errors that
> have stopped the process.  I'm hoping for the best.   Thanks again.

why don't you get lfs-3.2 that was released yesterday. May as well continue
with that one. The two changes that you need to worry about are:

1) new make installation instructions in chapter 6 that remove the setgid
big from /usr/bin/make

2) new bootscript package

The other changes were made in chapter 5 and lower, so they don't concern
you really.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org