LFS-3.2-RC1 CH6 texinfo-4.0

Paul Riddell Paul_Riddell at psl-dist.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 04:42:37 PST 2002

Hi,

I've hit a problem whilst building texinfo-4.0.

LFS-3.2-RC1 (book & packages)
RH7.0 (Host)
gcc-2.96 (Host gcc)

****************************
texinfo-4.0 finishes with:
****************************
Making all in info
make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/src/texinfo-4.0/info'
gcc -DINFODIR=\"/usr/info\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\"
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../lib -I../intl -I..
-I.      -g -02 -c terminal.c
terminal.c:33: ncurses/termcap.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [terminal.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/texinfo-4.0/info'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/texinfo-4.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
root:/usr/src/texinfo-4.0#
****************************

I've checked a similar problem and the response in the mail archives
relating to the ncurses library installed in Chapter 5.  As far as I was
aware I had checked for the correct files and symlinks back then.

These are the related files in /usr/lib (on the host system):

libcurses.a -> libncurses.a
libcurses.so -> libncurses.so.5.1
libncurses.a
libncurses.so -> libncurses.so.5
libncurses.so.5 -> libncurses.so.5.1
libncurses.so.5.1

And these are the related files in /usr/lib (on the LFS partition):

libcurses.a -> libncurses.a
libncurses++.a
libncurses.a
libncurses.so -> ../../lib/libncurses.so
libncurses_g.a

I pretty new to this, and was quite pleased that I'd got along OK without
any probs so far (well, that I know of anyway).  I've managed to melt my
brain looking at symlinks and files relating to the ncurses dev package so
I'd appreciate any solutions anyone could offer.

Thanks.

Paul.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org