rcS vs rc.sysinit and a question about kerneld

Eric LAGALISSE BackDoor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 6 15:41:12 PST 2002

Thanks for your detailed answer about rcS & rc.sysinit

About my autoloading module problem, as i said in my previous answer to
Jeroen Coumans i compiled kernel with automatic loading of modules but
unfortunatly my ethernet card (netgear FA310txc) isn't started at system
boot.
The only solution i found is to create a line "eth0 tulip" in
modules.conf OR load the module thru modprobe command.
Personally i'm not satisfied with that because i know kernel can
"detect" this card and normally load the appropriate module.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org