Compiling in chapter 6 doesn't work

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 6 14:36:57 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 11:13:16PM +0100, S?nke Tesch wrote:
> Well, that seems to have been another problem. As suggested here I chmod'd
> the files in script/ which made that execv-error disappear but then I
> stumbled across some "unknown command 'no'", and that message was displayed
> with some perl file.

Yeah those GNU patches simply assume you have perl. They don't seem to
understand that people may not have perl installed. So when you don't, the
configure script wrote "no" as the value of some variable that tells you
whether or not you have perl installed. But the script will use that value
as the program name to run perl as.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org