rcS vs rc.sysinit and a question about kerneld

Eric LAGALISSE BackDoor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 6 13:04:22 PST 2002

I'm little confused about this question :

Why lfs use rcS (debian ?) instead of rc.sysinit (SysVinit !) ?
I'm asking that because i was trying to insert kerneld startup in my brand
new lfs box that didn't start it automatically ;-)
Why lfs-book suggest to install modutils if we didn't launch kerneld ?
I now lfs allow us to build our own linux box but i think also that modules
are a great things for all of us .... not so easy to configure if kerneld
isn't started. Maybe i'm wrong.

Regards
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org