NFS connection slow / timeouts

Marc Heerdink marc at koelkast.net
Wed Mar 6 08:48:42 PST 2002

Op wo 06-03-2002, om 03:38 schreef Gerard Beekmans:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 10:28:29PM +0100, ernibert wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > on my newly created LFS I've tested the NFS:
> >
> > mount -t nfs 192.168.1.240:/ /mnt
> >
> > where the ~.240 is my "server" and the ~.241 is my LFS-box. This command
> > will be executed, but it reports "portmap: server localhost not responding,
> > timed out" three times. It lasts a while, but than the NFS is mounted and
> > everything works fine. What could I have missed to install (the server
> > localhost??)
>
> Install the portmap package. Portmap and a patch to get it to compile on
> Linux can be found at:
>
> ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/misc/
>
> you can find tcp_wrappers there as well which are needed by portmap.

May I suggest to replace those 2 packages with my fully patched and
bugfixed versions of them? :) They can be found at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~gimli/ and are built from the latest
debian patches, an lfs-install.sh script has been added and all compiler
warnings/errors have been fixed.

--
"Mooh!"
- A Cow.