install question.

Marc Heerdink marc at koelkast.net
Wed Mar 6 08:47:13 PST 2002

Op wo 06-03-2002, om 00:45 schreef D.Vaartjes:
> After i installed gcc-2.95.3 i have 2 directories in my $LFS/usr/src,
> - gcc-2.95.3
> - gcc-build
> Can i rm -rf this directories after installation to save HD-space ?
> Or are the critical for LFS ?
> The same thing  with the $LFS/usr/src/linux directory after installing
> the kernel.

You should delete all source trees after installing the package it
contains. The only exception to this rule is /usr/src/linux, which
contains the kernel source tree which is needed to (re)compile your
kernel. If you're really short on diskspace you can delete it and
re-extract the source tree whenever you want to compile a kernel. Having
it handy can save some time tho, although it costs around 250 MB.

--
"Mooh!"
- A Cow.

Marc Heerdink <marc at koelkast.net>