Can't chroot to new LFS!

Hannes Birnbacher noemail915 at hannes-birnbacher.de
Tue Mar 5 22:15:43 PST 2002

Antwort auf die Message vom 06 Mrz 2002 von "doc":

>  I'm upto the part where i need to chroot into the new,
>  staticly linked, LFS partition, but there is no /usr/bin/env
>  to speak of.

You should not chroot into a directory /usr/bin/env.

You created a directory tree under your old system, for example
at /mnt/lfs/ there is another complete Linux directory tree. Now
you wish to change into that new tree and hide everything which
is above from your system, with chroot $LFS. Seems you made a
typo and forgot the space between "chroot $LFS" and the parameter
"/usr/bin/env -i..."?

Disclaimer: I am a beginner like you, just worked my way through
chapter 5 and 6.

--

http://www.hannes-birnbacher.de
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org