Compiling in chapter 6 doesn't work

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 10:48:02 PST 2002

Marc Heerdink wrote:

> Op di 05-03-2002, om 12:30 schreef Sönke Tesch:
>> Marc Heerdink wrote:
>> : Op zo 03-03-2002, om 14:16 schreef Sönke Tesch:
>> : [..]

> Honestly, I wouldn't know. I just downloaded the full glibc 2.2.5
> tarball when it came out, but I've seen some messages on this
> mailinglist that some things had to be done after patching, described in
> the first section of the patch file.

Hello

Do not think there were any fixes for applying the patch;  I was one of
many, who reported that it did not work out-of-the-box.

In glibc-2.2.5/scripts (I think) there is no execute set, that causes
Sonke's error.  You can set there scripts to execute; but I did not trust
the patch, and downloaded the tar ball.  Did your test, (Marc), test the
permission status?

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org