User migration

Bill Williamson batkiwi at happychinchilla.com
Mon Mar 4 13:45:38 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerard Beekmans" <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:43:33PM -0600, Bill Williamson wrote:
> > [slackware user migration]
>
> What exactly is different ?

>From the openssh faq page and a few different group searches, it seems that
slackware uses md5 instead of pam for auth.  So when I installed openssh, it
woudln't work without some tweaking (LIBS=-lcrypt ./configure).

I've also had trouble and had to tweak other things that try to compare
against the password file (mail server/etc).

I could be wrong, there could be no problem :)  Just wanted to check.
Also, will I need to manually tweak something to get teh salt of the new
system to match the old one so that the hashed passwords will match?  Or
should my idea of copying just work.

Thanks again
--Bill

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org