How to tell if package installation is succeeding?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 4 07:30:19 PST 2002

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 06:23:35PM -0800, Steve Purdy wrote:
> So much stuff flies across the screen during compilation, it's
> difficult to know if it has succeeded or failed after is stops.  Is
> there a way to spot errors right away?

Some people have already said that if it doesn't halt with an erorr
message, thing will probably be fine. But it's hard to be sure (perhaps it
didn't install all the files it should have). That's why we're going to be
working on self-diagnostic scripts in the near future. You can run these
scripts at various stages during the installation to check your LFS system.
If files are missing, you'll be told about them so you can take proper
action.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org