Compiling in chapter 6 doesn't work

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 4 07:24:55 PST 2002

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 02:16:27PM +0100, S?nke Tesch wrote:
> Chapter 5 runs perfectly again, however I cannot compile glibc in chapter 6:
> configure says that gcc doesn't work. Well, gcc actually works, but ld cannot
> find a file called "crt1.o", which makes configure's gcc test compiler run
> fail.

Others have said you need to download the full glibc not just the patch (or
do whatever the patch file tells you to like Marc said). That gcc doesn't
work according to the ./configure script is normal. ./configure needs Glibc
installed to copmile some test programs to test some things. Glibc isn't
installed (crt1.o is part of Glibc by the way) so some tests wil
fail, although it won't actually affect the compiled Glibc. We just need
to tell it later on that we don't have a cross-compiler as it false
assumes by creating that configparms file.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org