about init

Michael michael at mprc.pku.edu.cn
Sun Mar 3 18:01:38 PST 2002

    Hi!
    I have some problems about init during installing lfs.
That is when i reboot into the new kernel partition, it always
stop at  starting init , and it tells "kernel panic: can't find init....."

    In fact , i have two partitioins, one(hda1) is for redhat 7.1, and
another(hda6) is for lfs. I first prepare all the directories, and then
in redhat i compile the kernel , and cp the bzImage to /boot, append
to lilo.conf like this
image=/boot/bzImage
label=lfs
root=/dev/hda6
    After that , i compile and install  the SysVinit into the lfs partitioin,
i can see the init and others commands in /sbin of lfs partition,
but when rebooting, kernel tell me the problem it can't find init.
Why?
    can you tell me why the problem jump out? I am very anxious to
know the reason.

                                                                           yours
                                                                                       michael