compile question

D.Vaartjes d.vaartjes at quicknet.nl
Sun Mar 3 15:51:13 PST 2002

uname -m says i586.
But when i install the whole LFS system, is it possible to use this system on a 'real' i386 system?
Or must i build a whole new LFS system. I ask this because i have multiple 'i386' systems and wand to build only one LFS system compatible with al the other computersystems.
And the environment variables in my host system are saying:
HOSTTYPE=i386
MACHTYPE=i386-redhat-linux-gnu
How can this be?
I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Best regards David

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org