Check my LFS installation?

Hannes Birnbacher noemail915 at hannes-birnbacher.de
Sun Mar 3 14:26:17 PST 2002

Antwort auf die Message vom 03 Mrz 2002 von Jeff:

> That's the LFS spirit! :-)

<g>

> As far as whether everything is installed, the only thing I
> could imagine is if someone sent your their install-log files
> after a fresh build (assuming they followed the book). I tend
> to wander a bit, so mine would be of little use to you.

Txs, but the install-logs would be a lot of stuff anyway. I
believe there is one for each software package, right? It
certainly would do to have a directory list, one line for each
file, and possibly something which could be compared
automatically with diffutils, awk or something.

Sizes would vary, of course, but it would still give hints. I
just wondered if anybody else would mistrust his own installation
and found a way to check it;-).

--
If you wanna be good, you gotta read.