Check my LFS installation?

Hannes Birnbacher noemail915 at hannes-birnbacher.de
Sun Mar 3 13:29:38 PST 2002

Hi, all!

Am sitting here hollow-eyed, appartment looks like a pigs stable,
cant't remember having eaten anything except some canned beans
and a few peanuts during the last few days and feel completely
happy;-).
Have completed chapter 6 just up to "configuring essential
software" but it has cost nerves. Had to repair lots of typos
(found out the hard way;-). With an incredible exactness I placed
most of the typos where they prevented a static linked
compilation, so I saw some "not found" errors when, in chapter 6,
the compiled programs were needed;-).

I wonder if there is any script or trick to check the
installation. For example, in good old MS-DOS I could do a
recursive "dir /s > list" and then compare the created list to
the same list of a correct installation, to find out any missing,
misplaced or wrong size files. Is there anything similar in LFS,
which I may not yet have found?

TIA, and sorry if the hint is somewhere and I just haven't found
or remembered it!

And no, it did not make sense for me to download and use the
prepared installation scripts. If I do not wish to do everything
myself, including my mistakes, I just as well could have stayed
with my SuSE 7.3. Never learnt so much about Linux in so short a
time:-).

--
http://www.hannes-birnbacher.de
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org