Cannot make fileutils

Richard Brust richard at brustfam.com
Sun Mar 3 10:39:59 PST 2002

Mark -
As this is my first go-around with LFS, I am following the book
page-by-page (except for the installing in static part).  Therefore, I had
not yet got to compiling gcc yet.  However, now that you mention it, I did
try gcc, but have failed miserably.  As I said in another message, I think
I need to re-install RH with all the dev packages, as there must be a
problem with my system, not LFS.

Thanks for the assistance...

<myStuff>
Book Version:   3.2 RC1
package:        fileutils-4.1
error-msg:      synopsis follows, full details are at bottom of msg
deviation:      yes, I am trying to build everything in a "static"
directory using the "Keeping chapter 5 and chapter 6 separate (v0.9)" hint
</myStuff>