Cannot make fileutils

Richard Brust richard at brustfam.com
Sun Mar 3 10:37:07 PST 2002

Gerard -

Thanks for the tip.  I increased the swap, re-ran make, and it failed.  Did
a "make clean", ran "make" again, and it worked fine.  The ram problem was
probably it.  However, I then moved on to the gcc package, and after 12 or
so tries, (both the 2.95 that came with LFS, and the new 3.0.4 I
downloaded), I have come to the conclusion that there must be something
wrong with my system.  The gcc fails every time, but at different
areas.  When I installed the current RH7 system, I tried to pare down the
distro to fit the small disk.  I must have left off some critical dev files
that are necessary for building LFS, and packages in general.
If I am missing something obvious, please let me know, but I think I should
re-install RH, maybe with 7.2.  Thanks for all the assistance...

<myStuff>
Book Version:   3.2 RC1
package:        fileutils-4.1
error-msg:      synopsis follows, full details are at bottom of msg
deviation:      yes, I am trying to build everything in a "static"
directory using the "Keeping chapter 5 and chapter 6 separate (v0.9)" hint
</myStuff>