compiling error

Paul Midgley midgley at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Mar 2 13:51:25 PST 2002

Gerard

The version of Mandrake 8.1 I am using came on a cover DVD disc from a
magazine and I believe it is an early release of this distro, so it might
have had some bugs in it. Alternatively I did make the mistake of over
writing BASH which may be causing the problem ? I will reinstall Mandrake
and have another go. I set $LFS to /mnt/LFS as recommended, but I had
entered $LFS as $lfs, so that when I used the command script to install BASH
in the LFS system it over written my original version of BASH, oops.

Thanks for your help.