problem compiling dynamic (chap 6) ncurses-5.2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 2 13:17:28 PST 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 12:54:33PM -0800, Tony Sterrett wrote:
> I'm have trouble compiling ncurse. I think this is because it is
> looking for gawk which isn't in LFS environment.

We use mawk which ncurses should be able to use just fine.

Does /usr/bin/awk exist though? You reinstalled mawk just before you
started ncurses, perhaps it wasnt' installed properly. Also make sure that
/usr/bin/awk is a valid symbolic link and is pointing to /usr/bin/mawk

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org