problem compiling dynamic (chap 6) ncurses-5.2

Tony Sterrett tonyste at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 2 12:54:33 PST 2002

I'm have trouble compiling ncurse. I think this is because it is
looking for gawk which isn't in LFS environment.

Now awk is in $LFS/usr/bin so I could ln -s awk gawk, should I?
I could also copy from plain old /usr/bin.

Thanks in Advance
Tony

Output follows:
configure returns

Appending rules for normal model (ncurses)
./config.status: gawk: command not found
./config.status: gawk: command not found

and make returns
root:/usr/src/ncurses-5.2#
root:/usr/src/ncurses-5.2# make
cd man && make DESTDIR="" all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/ncurses-5.2/man'
sh ./MKterminfo.sh ./terminfo.head ./../include/Caps ./terminfo.tail
>terminfo.5
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ncurses-5.2/man'
cd include && make DESTDIR="" all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/ncurses-5.2/include'
gawk -f MKterm.h.awk ./Caps > term.h
/bin/sh: gawk: command not found
make[1]: *** [term.h] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ncurses-5.2/include'
make: *** [all] Error 2
root:/usr/src/ncurses-5.2#

--
We got a thousand points of light, For the homeless man
We got a kinder gentler machine gun hand - Neil Young
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org