glibc optimization

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 2 05:09:56 PST 2002

On Fri, 01, Mar, 2002 at 05:45:12PM -0600, Alexander Boulgakov spoke thus..
> Howdy.
>
> Can anyone please explain why the lfs-book (3.2-rc2) warns not to
> optimize glibc? Are there bugs? What happens if I optimize? After all,
> IMHO glibc has some of the most frequently used functions in the entire
> system, so tightening the code as much as possible will have an impact
> on the whole system. What is going on? Any fixes? Has anyone tried
> this?, etc. I looked in the glibc FAQ and INSTALL and README, and found
> no information.
See

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN162

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN265

and use search.linuxfromscratch.org on the lfs-support mailing list to
see all the problems which have occurred when using glibc opts.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					BLFS Editor
markh at linuxfromscratch.org